Due to my crazy schedule, I’m going to be changing things on the site. Instead of doing blog posts all day, I’m going to just to a recap at night, mostly with links to the stories I write on Hot97.com and InFlexWeTrust.com, and any other big stories that came out during the day.
I’ll still do my Billboard Breakdown every week, and I’ll be adding more editorial pieces as well. Plus, I will post my new podcast every Tuesday, and do some digging for some cool TBT pieces on Thursdays. This may change again, but for now, this is what I’m rocking with. Cool? Cool.
That being said, let’s get into today’s recap!
- One of Drake‘s tour buses was robbed while he was in AZ, and nearly $3 million worth of cash and jewelry was stolen from his DJ, Future The Prince. The culprit, a homeless man who previously worked at the venue, has been arrested and the items retrieved.
- Kanye West did the official remix to Desiigner‘s “Timmy Turner.” He also sold $780k worth of merch at the Saint Pablo tour stop in NYC that night too.
- Speaking of Kanye, here’s a recap of the Yeezy Season 4 fashion show today.
- Tupac‘s handwritten lyrics for “Better Feelings” are up for auction for about $40k.
- 50 Cent‘s trolling of Diddy continues, as he steps on a DJ’s turntables to stop playing Diddy‘s music.
- Hopsin was arrested in Australia earlier this week over what he calls “total bullshit,” but the AUS media says was assaulting a woman. He’s pled guilty but was allowed back to the U.S. , and promises there’s more to the story that will be revealed in new music. Details here.
- Johnny Depp will star in a movie based on the true stories of the investigations of the deaths of Biggie and Tupac, as conducted by the late detective, Russell Poole.
- A$AP Ferg, Big Sean, Vince Staples, Tyga, Metro Boomin, Tinashe, Zoe Kravitz and Kylie Jenner star in Alexander Wang‘s new ad.
- Dr. Dre is the highest earner in hip-hop in the last decade, although Diddy is number one this year.
- N.O.R.E. said on his Drink Champs podcast that Drake and Rick Ross met up to squash the Meek Mill beef in Miami last week.
- The reason Lil Wayne thanked the Miami PD on Twitter last week turned out to be because he’d gotten swatted AGAIN.
- Kanye West trolled you all with his “multiracial only” casting call. He basically meant to Plain Jane white women. He explains to Vogue here.
- Odell Beckham Jr. was asked his thoughts on Lena Dunham‘s comments, and he didn’t really have much to say, nor did he care.
- Gucci Mane said on Snapchat that he just did a feature for Outkast, which could mean that a new Outkast album is on the way!
- Colin Kaepernick‘s jersey is now the top-selling in the NFL, and he has pledged to give away all of his profits from it to impoverished communities.
- Lil Wayne, Lil Uzi Vert, Logic, DJ Mustard, Tyga, Lil Durk, Dougie F, PnB Rock, Rich The Kid, Riff Raff and more will be performing at the first annual Adventure In The Park festival in New Jersey on October 8 and 9. Details here.
- The iPhone 7 is coming next week. The new wireless headphones are ugly as fuck though.
- Kanye is definitely doing that joint album with Drake.
- Stevie J has been ordered to rehab and house arrest.
- Usher has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
- Steph Curry supports Colin Kaepernick.
- Ryan Lochte has been suspended by the United States Olympic Committee for 10 months.