Last night, Nightline aired an exclusive interview with Lil Wayne, that was put together over the last 3 years. Host Linsey Davis met up with Wayne all over the world – from a show in Amsterdam to his skatepark in Miami, and most recently, his NYC book signing of his prison memoir, Gone Til’ November.
While Davis and Wayne discussed topics up his alley – prison, weed, degrading lyrics – the topic then turned to Black Lives Matter (after Wayne said last month that he didn’t know racism still exists,) and well…it wasn’t good.
With a puzzled look on his face and almost an heir of arrogance, Wayne said:
“What is it? What do you mean? That just sounds weird, I don’t know that you put a name on. It’s not a name…It’s not ‘whatever, whatever.’ It’s somebody got shot by police for a f***ed up reason. I am a young black rich motherf***er, if that don’t let you know that America understand black motherf***ers matters these days I don’t know what it is. That man white, he filming me I’m a ni**a. I don’t know what you don’t come to me with that dumb sh*t ma’am. My life matters, especially to my bi**hes.”
Man. Watch the full interview below. Footage of Tune getting the crowd to chant “Black Lives Matter” of a show has since surfaced, but does it sound sarcastic? Check it out and let us know!
— Nigel Int'l D. (@Nigel_D) November 2, 2016
- 40 said Kanye West is credited on “2 Birds, 1 Stone” because he supplied some drums.
- Waka Flocka says he can’t wait for a “real” black President.
- Jimmy Henchman has been granted a new murder-for-hire trial.
- Justin Timberlake is working on a new album with Pharrell and Timbaland on production.
- A super groupie thot (check her history) in Miami is reportedly 6 months pregnant with Reggie Bush‘s kid.
- 72 new emojis are coming in the next iOS update, and they include bacon, a carrot, a shark, a black heart, a clown…all types of cool things BUT NOT A CUPCAKE. WHY!
- Rob and Chyna have snagged a season 2 and huge bucks for an on-camera delivery.
- Azealia Banks dropped a song called “La Dominadora” that she says was a reference track for Rihanna.
- Nick Cannon and Christina Milian have been hanging a lot lately – could they be getting back together?
- Selena‘s family loved baby Royalty‘s Halloween costume.
- The Weeknd has been tapped for H&M‘s spring campaign.
- Mariah Carey isn’t worried about the rumors that her manager caused the split between her and James Packer.
- Alicia Keys dropped a short film named The Gospel.
- YG is dropping a mixtape this Friday!
- Kevin Durant says there’s no beef with Russell Westbrook.
- Adele calls Beyonce her Michael Jackson.
- Ray Allen has officially retired from the NBA.
- Bruno Mars, The Weeknd and Lady Gaga will perform at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Kid of Kid N’ Play shared a story about how they missed their opportunity to be as big as Will Smith.
- Pusha T has released a PSA pushing for the legalization of marijuana.
- Fabolous and Trae Tha Truth visited the White House for a private lunch.
- Run The Jewels announced dates for their Run The World Tour.
- Watch Bruno Mars‘ in-depth interview with Zane Lowe here.
- Lil Yachty revealed some details about his upcoming debut album.
- Tyga has paid off half of the debt he owes to the jeweler who grilled Kylie on his finances in the lawsuit.
- 50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather reunited at a party in Vegas.
- Smoke DZA and Pete Rock released the tracklist to their project, Don’t Smoke Rock.
- Solange spoke at Standford.
- Kur kicked a freestyle on Funk Flex‘s show.
- Beyoncé sent Laverne Cox flowers and a thank you note for performing her song on Lip Sync Battle.
- New music releases today include Gucci Mane‘s “I Told You” with Young Thug, Common‘s “Pyramids,” Lil Yachty and 070 Shake‘s “Rewind,” Malik Yusef‘s “Dream Girl (Fe Style,)” Maino‘s “They Love Me” with PHresher, Tiara Thomas‘ “OTW” and Montana of 300‘s “Ooouuu” remix.
- New music video releases today include Meek Mill‘s “The Difference” with Quavo and Desiigner, a lyric video for Danny Brown‘s “Really Doe” with Kendrick Lamar x Ab-Soul x Earl Sweatshirt, Slim 400‘s “Bruisin” with YG and Sadboy and Termanology‘s “I Dream B.I.G.” with Sheek Louch and Styles P.